Saturday, October 11, 2014

Food Review "Sabah Tea Garden Cafe-Ipoh"

Ipoh may not be well known as foodie paradise compared to Penang however recently I noticed that this town which ideally sit at the foothill of Kinta Valley has lots more to offer in terms of epicurean experiences. I have to admit that only recently that i became more familiar of the surrounding of the localities in Ipoh and its eateries however based on that I believe and knew that more people should visit this city for its historical places, peaceful atmosphere and of course its foods.

During my wander in Ipoh recently, I spotted a beautiful white colonial building which had been restored as a restaurant located in a small lane of Jalan Tun Sambathan Ipoh and I noticed the acronym "STG" on the vivid green awning adorning the sides of the building. I had no idea what "STG" stands for but  decided to check it out anyway as I was looking for some place to have coffees and dessert.


I opted for the alfresco dining area as it was not a humid day. Many patrons opted to sit inside the airconditioned main dining area. No doubt that this place had just been recently opened as all funitures and fittings looked brand new, even some touch up works were being done by the handyman while I was there.






The friendly waitress warmly greeted me and handed the large menu book to me, only at that moment that I knew "STG" stands for Sabah Tea Garden. I was informed that this is their second branch after the first in Taman Kinta, Ipoh.

The menu:










I ordered the Iced Cappuccino:


It was mildly sweetened, the way i like.

and Chocolate Lava Cake 




The presentation was awe inspiring. The cake was soft and has a nice thick chocolate filling, which though did not ooze out from the crust, complemented well to the off-bitter taste of the cake. The accompaniments of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce made it a wonderful desert all together.

I hope to taste their other dishes next time as this was a wonderful place to have a relaxing meal due to its quiet location and also friendly service.Cheers-Kay2014


No comments:

Post a Comment